- Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Contact Permits Staff
- Trip Permits (Vehicle Reg)
- Air Quality - Emissions Reg's
- Terminal Access Application Procedures
- Special Route Restrictions
- Getting to Eureka
- Load Overhang
Commercial vehicles operating in California are required to be equipped with:
- a fully charged fire extinguisher securely mounted in a conspicuous place or in a marked compartment (further requirements may apply based upon type of cargo).
- three properly maintained red emergency reflectors.
All vehicle (mechanical) equipment, such as lights, windshields, reflectors, etc., must comply with the United States Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration standards.
For more information about safety equipment, contact the Commercial Vehicle Section of the California Highway Patrol (CHP) at (916) 843-3400.
Return to the Caltrans "Legal Truck Access Branch" page.