- Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Contact Permits Staff
- Trip Permits (Vehicle Reg)
- Air Quality - Emissions Reg's
- Terminal Access Application Procedures
- Special Route Restrictions
- Getting to Eureka
- Load Overhang
FEDERAL: California complies with the load securement requirements in the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49, Parts 393.100 to 393.136.
STATE: Several of the California Code of Regulations re. load securement are still current. Start at: http://ccr.oal.ca.gov and select:
- Link: List of CCR Titles
- Plus sign by: TITLE 13. MOTOR VEHICLES
- Plus sign by: DIVISION 2. DEPARTMENT OF THE CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY PATROL
- Plus sign by: CHAPTER 7. CARGO SECUREMENT STANDARDS
- Plus sign by: ARTICLE 1. PROTECTION AGAINST SHIFTING CARGO, or
- Plus sign by: ARTICLE 2. LIQUIDS IN COLLAPSIBLE CONTAINERS
For questions re. load securement, you may also contact the California Highway Patrol (CHP) at (916) 843-3400.
Return to the Caltrans "Legal Truck Access Branch" page.