- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: December 7, 2012
District: 5 - Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties
Contact: Jim Shivers or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3237 or (805) 549-3189
$306 MILLION APPROVED TO UPGRADE TRANSPORTATION
SAN LUIS OBISPO - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $306 million to 44 projects that will help ease traffic congestion, improve safety, and support economic growth.
“From one end of the state to the other, transportation projects are providing jobs and improving roads, bridges, and transit for people and businesses in California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.
The allocations include $114 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, $14.7 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $192 million in allocations came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Among the projects that received funding today were:
- $4.3 million to the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) for the replacement of the Estrella River Bridge on Hwy. 46 in San Luis Obispo County.
- $195,000 to the San Luis Obispo Council of Governments (SLOCOG) for the Safe Routes to Schools Program. This funding will help to educate, encourage, evaluate and enforce bicycle and pedestrian safety at K-12 schools in San Luis Obispo County.
- $2.8 million to the Santa Barbara County Association of Governments (SBCAG)/ City of Santa Maria to connect the Santa Maria Airport and the community of Orcutt to the new Hwy. 101 Interchange.
- $5.3 million to the Santa Cruz Regional Transportation Commission (SCCRTC) to improve rail improvements from Davenport to Watsonville for existing freight and recreational rail service and to facilitate the implementation of new recreational passenger service.
Please see the attached file for information about all projects that received allocations
# # # #