- What We Do
- 2008 AASHTO
- 2005 Highway Maintenance Customer Survey Results
- Roadside Maintenance Program
- Submit a Request for Maintenance Service
- Maintenance Manual
- Pavement Program
- Structures Maintenance and Investigations
- Work Zone Safety
- Caltrans Auxiliary Radio System (CARS)
- Maintenance Facility Design Manual
- Current Road Condition Information
- Integrated Maintenance Management System
Emergency Preparedness Exercises
Select to see ShakeOutCount Down
Division of Maintenance
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) owns or controls 350,000 acres of Right of Way and maintains 15,200 centerline miles of highway and 12,312 state highway bridges. Caltrans also inspects 12,076 local bridges.
Mission and Vision
Caltrans Improves Mobility Across California
Provide the safest transportation system in the nation for users and workers.
Maximize transportation system performance and accessibility.
Efficiently deliver quality transportation projects and services.
Preserve and enhance California's resources and assets.
Promote quality service through an excellent workforce.
- INTEGRITY - We promote trust and accountability through our consistent and honest actions.
- COMMITMENT - We are dedicated to public service and strive for excellence and customer satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK - We inspire and motivate one another through effective communication, collaboration, and partnership.
- INNOVATION - We are empowered to seek creative solutions and take intelligent risks.
For individuals with disabilities, documents on this web site are available in alternate formats. To obtain a copy in one of these alternate formats, please call or write the Division of Maintenance at 916-654-4470 or 1120 N Street , MS31, Sacramento, CA 95814.Division of Maintenance Webmaster