California Department of Transportation
Division of Engineering Services
Office of Special Funded Projects
Welcome to the website for the Office of Special Funded Projects.
- January 2016 - New Memo to Designers 8-7This Memo describes the use of stay-in-place forms.
- November 2015 -Scour Data TableEffective immediately a Scour Data Table shall be placed on the Foundation Plan for all structures over a waterway. Click on the link above for the implementation memorandum.
- March 2014 - AASHTO LRFD 6th EditionEffective March 10, 2014, the 6th edition of the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and the corresponding California Amendments are the primary design specifications for bridges and ancillary structures.
- September 2013 - Sign SpecificationsEffective September 1, 2013, the AASHTO Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires and Traffic Signals, Sixth Edition (LTS-6) constitutes the primary California Department of Transportation design specifications for structural supports for sign structures.
- June 2013 - Revised Seismic Design CriteriaThis is version 1.7 of the Seismic Design Criteria.
- March 2013 - New Memo to Designer 8-8This Memo describes the construction of bridge decks for reduced traffic noise.
- December 2012 - Updated OSFP Information and Procedures GuidesTen sections of our Information and Procedures Guide have been revised.
- November 2012 - Updated Bridge Design Aids 3-8This BDA is for Mechanically Stabilized Earth.
- November 2012 - Updated Memos to Designers.The following Memos to Designers have been updated. The new Memos and their Implementation Memorandums can be found at the link above.
MTD 2-12 - Special Design Earth Retaining Systems Numbering MTD 11-25 - Anchorage Zone Design MTD 11-34 - Hinge Curl MTD 12-1 - Review of Shop Drawings - Steel Structures
- September 2012 - MSEPlusŪ Earth Retaining System Approved For Use.The MSEPlusŪ earth retaining system has been restored to the Qualified Products List.