One of the issues with construction career awareness is the availability of educational material and resources for student advisors, such as teachers, career counselors, school board members, policy makers and parents. The following sites will provide information and resources that will aid the educator in directing a student to a career in construction.
- EUCA is committed to helping the industry cultivate new talent for our future. We are currently working with high schools all across California to increase awareness about the construction industry and plan to implement programs to encourage young individuals to consider looking into the trades after high school.
- International Union of Operating Engineers - Training & Apprenticeships
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America - Training & Upgrades
- BeyondRoads.com for educational information about asphalt and the asphalt industry specifically - a great place to start. Information for parents and teachers is also available from this site.
- Helmets To Hardhats is the fastest way for Military, Reservists, and Guardsmen to transaction from active duty to a career in the construction industry.
The Department of Transportation does not endorse, takes no responsibility for, and exercises no control over the organizations or their views, or contents, nor do they vouch for the accuracy of the information contained on the destination servers.