DBE Application Forms
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE THIS DBE APPLICATION
In order to apply for certification as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), your firm must meet the following eligibility criteria stated in 49 CFR Part 26:
- The disadvantaged individual must be a U.S. citizen (or resident alien) and be a member of a socially and economically disadvantaged group.
- The disadvantaged individual must have a personal net-worth (PNW) of less than $1,320,000. Items excluded from a person's net worth calculation include an individual's ownership interest in the applicant firm, and his or her equity in their primary residence.
- Depending upon the nature of work performed, a firm (including its affiliates) must not have average annual gross receipts over the firm's previous three fiscal years in excess of $22,410,000 ($52,470,000 for airport concessionaires in general with some exceptions). This size standard is for construction related work. Depending on the type of work the business performs, other lower size standards may apply.
- The firm must be a for-profit small business where socially and economically disadvantaged DBE owner(s) own at least a 51% interest, and have managerial and operational control of the business operations; the firm must not be tied to another firm in such a way as to compromise its independence and control.
- The socially and economically DBE owner(s) must possess the power to direct or cause the direction to the management and policies of the firm and to make day-to-day, as well as long-term decisions on matters of management, policy and operations.
- If state or local law requires the persons to have a particular license or other credential in order to own and/or control a certain type of firm, then the socially and economically disadvantaged persons who own and control a potential DBE firm of that type must possess the required license or credential.
- Regulatory details on certification standards.
- Click here for a sample application packet
- Click here for overview of the DBE program
- Click here for the DBE Brochure
- Click here for DBE File Processing Flowchart
If applying with Caltrans, submit application to:
Office of Business & Economic Opportunity
Attn: Certification Unit
1823 14th Street,
Sacramento, CA 95811
Questions? Call (916) 324-1700
Downloadable California Unified Certification Program (CUCP) DBE Application Forms
The PDF forms are in fillable format
DBE and ACDBE Forms
CUCP DBE Certification Application Package
CUCP DBE Certification Application Instructions
Airport Concession DBE Application
Personal Financial Statement
UCP No Change Declaration
CUCP Out-of-State Declaration
Get Adobe© Reader© if you don't have it.