- Chapter 11 Local Assistance Program Guidelines (LAPG)
- Local Assistance Procedures Manual (LAPM)
- FHWA Emergency Relief Manual
- Classification Maps
State of California
Department of Transportation
Division of Local Assistance
P.O. Box 942874, MS-1
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
- Key Partners
- FHWA ER Applications Process
- Emergency Opening (EO) Versus Permanent Restoration (PR)
- DAFs Submitted to FHWA
- FHWA Application Process & Procedures: Part 1 - Run time 19 minutes.
- FHWA Damage Assessment & Eligibility: Part 2 - Run time 22 minutes.
- FHWA Online Training Modules:
Emergency Relief Program
The Emergency Relief (ER) Program is a special program from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Highway Trust Fund (HTF) for the repair and reconstruction of federal-aid highways and roads and trails on federal lands, which have suffered serious damage as a result of a natural disaster or catastrophic failures from an external cause.
Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) continues the ER program with some changes in requirements:
Current Event Proclamations
To report any difficulty experienced in accessing Caltrans programs, services or activities or any discriminations covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, please contact us at (866)810-6346 Voice; 711 TTY; (916)653-3055 Fax.