California Department of Transportation

Inactive Project Information

Caltrans Division of Local Assistance, Office of Project Implementation-South, through District Local Assistance Engineer (DLAE), provides guidance and support to Local Agencies in managing the inactive projects, and participate in the quarterly review with FHWA.

In response to FHWA's Guidance, the Department is going to manage "Inactive Projects" as follows:

1. If the Department does not receive an invoice for more than six months, the project will be posted on the Department's website.

2. If the Department does not receive an invoice in the next five months (11 months without invoicing), the Department will work with local agency to provide proper justification for inactivity (causes beyond the control of the agency such as litigation, unforeseen utility relocations, catastrophic events that delay the project or unforeseen environmental concerns) and establishing time frame for invoicing.

3. Project obligation could be removed by FHWA if local agency does not provide proper justification or invoice within specified and agreed upon timeframe.

4. It is the Local Agencies responsibility to work in collaboration with their respective District Local Assistance Engineers (DLAEs) to ensure their projects are invoiced timely.

Inactive project listing is posted below and will be updated weekly.

Effective October 29, 2014 – FHWA Obligation Funds Management Guide

  • INACTIVE PROJECT LIST (Status Update) Excel
    • Updated On: 09/23/2016
    • Invoice Submission Due to District: See Inactive Project List above

  • Accessibility
    If you are a person with a disability and you are not able to, or experience difficulty in, accessing our programs, services and/or employment, or feel that you have been discriminated against under the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or the Fair Employment and Housing Act, you may contact Elizabeth Dooher, Statewide ADA Coordinator for the California Department of Transportation, at (916) 324-0453 Voice, or 711 TTY, via fax at (916) 324-1949, or 1-866-810-6346 (for complaints only).

    Page Last Updated: 9/23/16 12:36 PM