District 2 - Redding
Welcome to the District 2 Cycling Resource Page!
District 2 extends from Trinity, Tehama, and Plumas Counties northward through Shasta and Lassen Counties to Siskiyou and Modoc Counties to the Oregon border. All State and U.S. Routes in these counties are open to cyclists except for a few designated sections which have alternate routes identified in the Caltrans District 2 Cycling Guide.
Cyclists in District 2 travel through towns big and small. In the bigger towns, a cyclist can expect to find many services available - stores, restaurants, hotels, and service stations. In the smaller towns, these services may be limited or non-existent. Travelers should plan ahead as they may encounter many miles of highway with few or no services. A list of area Chambers of Commerce in the cycle guide will help travelers determine the availability of services in each community.
- BICYCLE ORGANIZATIONS
- Shasta County:
- Northern California Outdoor Adventures
- Shasta Wheelman
- Redding Mountain Biking
- Redding Velo
- Ride Redding
- Shasta Living Streets
- Redding Trails
- Lassen County:
- Plumas County:
- Siskiyou County:
- Tehama County:
- Modoc County:
- Trinity County:
- Shasta County:
- LOCAL BIKE PLANS
- Caltrans Deputy Directive DD 64-R-2
- Caltrans Highway Design Manual Chapter 1000
- Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices, Part 9
- Caltrans Local Assistance Project Development Procedures Manual, Chapter 31
- FHWA Design Guidance: "Accommodating Bicycle and Pedestrian Travel: A Recommended Approach"
- National Association of City Transportation Officials
- California Vehicle Code relevant sections:
SHARE THE ROAD – ARRIVE ALIVE
- Public Service Announcement (Videos) http://arrivealivenow.org/
SHARE THE ROAD – ARRIVE ALIVE: HELMETS PSA
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
District 2 Links